Companionship or Transportation
Social interaction and engagement with others are important elements for purposeful living and for bringing meaning to every day. When seniors have difficulty getting out of the house, socialization can become a challenge. A Vivia Navigator might suggest some example of solutions:
- Someone to accompany a senior for a walk outside or to perform regular exercises.
- A person to engage in conversation and even play games with for a few hours
- Accompaniment going to a doctor or other medical appointments
- Assistance with going to the grocery store and help carrying and restocking at home
- Prepare a meal and sit and converse with a senior while they eat and encourage them to stay hydrated and have enough nutrition.